|KIS v1.26 release||24.28 MB||Jul 22, 2020||1.10||20,576||Download|
|KIS v1.25 release||23.98 MB||Apr 26, 2020||1.9.1 +1||20,315||Download|
|KIS v1.24 release||23.97 MB||Dec 7, 2019||1.8.1 +1||30,389||Download|
|KIS v1.23 release||23.97 MB||Oct 23, 2019||1.8||11,187||Download|
|KIS v1.22 release||23.97 MB||May 31, 2019||1.7.1||35,407||Download|
|KIS v1.21 release||23.66 MB||May 17, 2019||1.7||4,890||Download|
|KIS v1.20 release||23.66 MB||May 4, 2019||1.7||4,180||Download|
|KIS v1.19 release||23.66 MB||May 3, 2019||1.7||721||Download|
|KIS v1.18 release||24.17 MB||Feb 2, 2019||1.6.1 +1||20,669||Download|
|KIS v1.17 release||19.51 MB||Jan 29, 2019||1.6.1 +1||1,425||Download|
|KIS v1.16 release||4.23 MB||Oct 30, 2018||1.5.1 +1||22,851||Download|
|KIS v1.15 release||4.23 MB||Oct 27, 2018||1.5.1 +1||1,595||Download|
|KIS v1.14 release||4.23 MB||Jul 19, 2018||1.4.4 +4||21,260||Download|
|KIS v1.13 release||4.23 MB||Jul 8, 2018||1.4.3 +3||3,535||Download|
|KIS v1.12 release||4.22 MB||May 7, 2018||1.4.3 +3||18,068||Download|
|KIS v1.11 release||4.21 MB||Mar 27, 2018||1.4.2 +2||22,518||Download|
|KIS v1.10 release||4.21 MB||Mar 9, 2018||1.4.0||17,165||Download|
|KIS v1.9 release||4.20 MB||Dec 28, 2017||1.3.1 +1||61,052||Download|
|KIS v1.8 release||4.12 MB||Dec 15, 2017||1.3.1 +1||6,986||Download|
|KIS v1.7 release||4.11 MB||Sep 17, 2017||1.3||41,901||Download|
|KIS v1.6 release||4.11 MB||Sep 15, 2017||1.3||2,181||Download|
|KIS v1.5.0 release||4.07 MB||May 26, 2017||1.3||54,047||Download|
|KIS v1.4.4 release||4.06 MB||May 2, 2017||1.2.2||16,082||Download|
|KIS v1.4.3 release||4.05 MB||Feb 22, 2017||1.2.2||29,987||Download|
|KIS v1.4.2 release||3.98 MB||Jan 28, 2017||1.2.2||12,554||Download|
|KIS v1.4.1 release||3.98 MB||Jan 17, 2017||1.2.2||6,528||Download|
|KIS v1.4.0 release||3.98 MB||Dec 4, 2016||1.2||52,176||Download|
|KIS v1.3.1 release||3.92 MB||Nov 24, 2016||1.2||16,573||Download|
|KIS v1.3.0 release||5.20 MB||Oct 12, 2016||1.2||71,287||Download|
|KIS v1.2.12 release||5.20 MB||Jun 22, 2016||1.1||114,151||Download|
|KIS v1.2.11 release||5.20 MB||Jun 11, 2016||1.1||26,591||Download|
|KIS v1.2.10 release||5.20 MB||May 24, 2016||1.1||32,641||Download|
|KIS v1.2.9 release||5.20 MB||May 3, 2016||1.1||52,779||Download|
|KIS v1.2.8 release||5.20 MB||May 2, 2016||1.1||8,992||Download|
|KIS v1.2.7 release||5.20 MB||Apr 22, 2016||1.1||42,875||Download|
|KIS v1.2.6 release||5.20 MB||Apr 8, 2016||1.0.5||25,536||Download|
|KIS v1.2.5 release||5.19 MB||Feb 22, 2016||1.0.5||33,042||Download|
|KIS v1.2.4 release||5.26 MB||Feb 21, 2016||1.0.5||2,267||Download|
|KIS v1.2.4 - wrong binary release||5.25 MB||Feb 18, 2016||1.0.5||5,221||Download|
|KIS v1.2.3 release||3.98 MB||Nov 11, 2015||1.0.5||70,573||Download|
|KIS v1.2.2 release||3.98 MB||Aug 13, 2015||1.0.4||65,846||Download|
|KIS v1.2.1 release||4.63 MB||Jul 29, 2015||1.0.4||32,252||Download|
|KIS v1.2.0 release||3.79 MB||Jul 11, 2015||1.0.4||45,090||Download|
|KIS v1.1.5 release||3.23 MB||May 31, 2015||1.0.2||42,509||Download|
|KIS v1.1.4 release||6.80 MB||May 14, 2015||1.0.2||32,758||Download|
|KIS v1.1.3 release||6.80 MB||May 13, 2015||1.0.0||4,918||Download|
|KIS v1.1.2 release||6.80 MB||May 8, 2015||1.0.0||9,496||Download|
|KIS v1.1.1 release||5.68 MB||May 1, 2015||1.0.0||11,932||Download|
|KIS v1.1.0 release||5.54 MB||Apr 29, 2015||1.0.0||5,980||Download|
|KIS v1.0.2 release||4.12 MB||Apr 5, 2015||0.90||17,903||Download|
|KIS v1.0.1 release||4.12 MB||Mar 31, 2015||0.90||1,708||Download|
|KIS v1.0.0 release||4.12 MB||Mar 14, 2015||0.90||13,924||Download|
|Kerbal Fun Pack 1.0.0 (optional) beta||1.29 MB||Mar 14, 2015||0.90||5,957||Download|
KIS introduces new gameplay mechanics by adding a brand new inventory system and EVA usables items as tools. You want to build a rover on Duna from scratch? Or you've forgot to attach a solar panel to the planetary station? With KIS it's not a problem!
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS)
The mod offers container parts of various size to deliver spare parts to the orbit or at the construction site.
- Tiny containers for light-weight rockets.
- Big containers for serious projects.
- Mk3 containers for really big constructions ideas!
Kerbals now have own backpack to hold small items, and some of them can be equipped on the model. AR goggles? Fancy hat? Or, maybe, a completely new helmet?! It's all possible now!
With special tools (provided by the mod) kerbals now can modifying teh existing vessels by adding or removing parts. It's even possible to build a whole new vessel from scratch!
* Goggles, hats and helmets are provided by the third-party mods. E.g. "Kerbal Props".
- MANUAL: KIS for DUMMIES.
- VIDEO: Debugging abilities for mod creators.
- VIDEO: Full support for part variants and
You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.
Other useful mods for EVA
If you want doing EVA comfortably, you really should consider adding these mods as well:
- Kerbal Attachment System (KAS). Need to link two vessels? Just send out your kerbals EVA! Don't forget to update their inventories, though.
- Easy Vessel Switch (EVS). No more guessing how to switch to "that vessel" – simply point and click!
- Surface Mounted Lights. Too dark for EVA on the other side of the moon? Problem solved with these ambient lights!
How to install
- Install and run CKAN.
- Search for "Kerbal Inventory System" or just "KIS", then install the mod.
- Occasionally run CKAN client to update KIS (and other mods) to the latest version.
- If you follow this path, then all the KIS dependencies will be updated automatically. It may save you a lot of time during the update.
- Download the ZIP archive:
- From kspmod.
- From Spacedock.
- From GitHub.
- If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
- Unzip the release archive into the game's
- Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
- The release archive contains the minimum versions of the required dependencies:
CommunityCatgeoryKit. If your game has better versions, do not overwrite!
- Verify the installation: the mod's
LICENSE.mdfile must be located at
- Download the ZIP archive:
- If you don't want seeing the fun parts in your game, you can remove them:
- Find file
remove_fun_part_patch.txtin the mod's folder.
- Rename it into
- Move it one level up in the directory structure (into the
- Now the fun parts won't show up even if you update the mod.
- Find file
Ask questions and propose suggestions on the forum.